Thursday, May 24, 2007

The power of the panty

I was catching up with one of my closest friends when I mentioned I've been feeling kinda blue lately, and not very attractive. After giving me a jaunty pep talk that made me giggle, she ended with some unexpected advice.

"Don't forget to wear good panties," she announced. "Because you always know when you're wearing good panties."

I laughed off her suggestion, but after we ended our phone conversation I thought about what she said. She was onto something.

Guys, I hate to break it to you, but you know that beautiful, or cute, or sexy or bawdy lingerie we have tucked into our dresser drawers? It's as much for us -- maybe even more so -- as it is for you. A nice pair of panties and matching bra can change a woman's whole outlook on an otherwise average day. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we're doing something special for ourselves that no one else knows about. Or maybe it's the rush of wearing something delicate under beat-up sweats for a routine trip to Home Depot or the grocery store. Perhaps it's the knowledge that beneath an exterior of workplace propriety is a very naughty girl indeed, judging by her knickers.

Whatever the reason, good underwear can make a woman stand differently, move differently, treat people differently. She may catch herself smiling secret little smiles and twirling her hair around her fingers in a decidedly voluptuous manner. Or maybe she'll suddenly have the courage to ask for that raise, or that hot guy's phone number.

So, yeah. Every now and then, a woman needs to pull out the good panties, for no other reason than she feels like pampering herself, reveling in her womanness.

Am I wearing good panties today? I'm not tellin'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed the whole time I was reading this because it's so true! Love this!

Anonymous said...

Im a guy and I feel the same way about my draws....I always save my good ones for a special occassion its a confidence builder. Weird but it is....

Anonymous said...

And how do you feel when you go commando?

Anonymous said...

I always wear nice lingere, no matter if its a regular day or I'm getting "lucky" that night. For me wearing elegant undergarments is my very own hidden luxury. A way to treat myself.